Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Claims Statistics
Monthly Tables and Figures
- Initial Claims
- Continued Claims*
*Information displayed in Initial
and Continued Claims are adjusted for monthly comparisons by normalizing the number of weeks in each month to a standard 4.33 weeks.
**NAICS = North American Industry Classification code.
***SIC = Standard Industrial Classification code.
Annual Tables and Figures
- Benefit Recipients and Exhaustees
- Tax Revenue
- Benefits Paid
- Trust Fund Balance
- Benefits Paid by County
- Benefits Paid by County and UI Program
Monthly UI Claims Reports
Initial Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims decreased from 1,674 in March 2018 to 1,389 in March 2019 (-285, or -17.0%). Initial claims have been on a downward trend since September 2016.
Statewide continued claims decreased by 20.6% over the year, and total unique claimants decreased by 17.9%. The benefit exhaustion rate increased from 6.6% to 12.4%.
Published April 12, 2019.
Wyoming Labor Force Trends Articles
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Decrease in 2017 (Published June 2018)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop in Second Half of 2016 (Published May 2017)
- Initial Unemployment Insurance Claims Increase 22.9% in 2015 (Published March 2016)
- How Out-of-State Claimants Affect Wyoming’s Unemployment Rate (Published February 2016)
- Wyoming New Business Formation in 2012 and 2013 (Published February 2015)
- The Recent Labor Market Downturn as a Natural Experiment
- Part 1: Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claimant Labor Market Behavior: Length of Benefit Collection and the Likelihood of Exiting the Labor Market (Published November 2014)
- Part 2: The Effects of Labor Market Conditions and Employer Re-Hiring Practices on Repeat Use of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) System (Published December 2014)
- Part 3: Previous Unemployment Insurance (UI) Spells as a Predictor of the Length of Future UI Benefit Collection (Published January 2015)
- Small Businesses Play a Big Role in Wyoming's Economy (Published February 2013)
- New Business Formation Increases in Wyoming in 2010 and 2011 (Published November 2012)
- An Overview of Wyoming's Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund and Trust Fund Liability (Published November 2011)
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Benefit Payments Reach Record High in 2009 (Published February 2010)