Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Claims Statistics
Weekly Claims Reports | Current Monthly Claims Report | Monthly Tables and Figures | Annual Tables and Figures | Previous Monthly Claims Reports | Articles
Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims for Wyoming by County of Residence, Industry, and Selected Demographics, 2019-2020
Updated November 20, 2020, for the week ending November 14, 2020.
Weekly UI Claims Data Table of Contents
October 2020 Unemployment Insurance Claims Report:
Initial Claims Increase with Seasonal Job Losses
Initial Unemployment Insurance claims in Wyoming grew by 58.6% from September to October, marking the first over-the-month increase since April. The rise in initial claims was not unexpected; the increase in initial claims from September to October is typically the greatest of the year, because of the relatively large number of seasonal summer jobs ending.
Wyoming had 6,073 initial claims in October, up from 3,829 in September (2,244, or 58.6%).
The total number of continued weeks claimed decreased by 20.7%, while the total number of unique claimants increased by 2.5%. The decline in continued claims likely is due to a variety of factors, such as individuals returning to work, leaving the workforce, or exhausting their regular UI benefits.
October 2020 UI Claims Report
Published November 20, 2020.
- Initial Claims
- Continued Claims*
*Information displayed in Initial
and Continued Claims are adjusted for monthly comparisons by normalizing the number of weeks in each month to a standard 4.33 weeks.
**NAICS = North American Industry Classification code.
***SIC = Standard Industrial Classification code.
Updated February 2020.
September 2020 | August 2020 | July 2020 |
June 2020 | May 2020 | April 2020 |
March 2020 | February 2020 | January 2020
December 2019 | November 2019 | October 2019 |
September 2019 | August 2019 | July 2019 |
June 2019 | May 2019 | April 2018 |
March 2019 | February 2019 | January 2019
December 2018 | November 2018 | October 2018 |
September 2018 | August 2018 |
July 2018 |
June 2018 |
May 2018 | April 2018 |
March 2018 | February 2018 | January 2018
December 2017 | November 2017 | October 2017 |
September 2017 |
August 2017 | July 2017 |
June 2017 | May 2017 | April 2017 |
March 2017 | February 2017 | January 2017
December 2016 | November 2016 | October 2016 |
September 2016 | August 2016 | July 2016 |
June 2016 | May 2016 | April 2016 |
March 2016 | February 2016 | January 2016
December 2015 | November 2015
- Weekly Trends in Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Claims (Trends, June 2020)
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Benefit Eligibility Status and Fund
Solvency Analyses (Trends, May 2020)
- Chapter 6: Unemployment Insurance Claims Data - UI Benefit Exhaustion Rate Drops to Historic Low in 2019 (2020 Wyoming Workforce Annual Report)
- UI Benefit Exhaustion Rate Drops to Historic Low in 2019 (Trends, March 2020)
- Wyoming New Business Formation Increases by 7.6% (Trends, September 2019)
- UI Recipients, Benefit Expenses Reach a Decade Low (Trends, March 2019)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Decrease in 2017 (Trends, June 2018)
- Wyoming New Business Formation Declines During Recent Economic Downturn (Trends, March 2018)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop in Second Half of 2016 (Trends, May 2017)
- Initial Unemployment Insurance Claims Increase 22.9% in 2015 (Trends, March 2016)
- How Out-of-State Claimants Affect Wyoming’s Unemployment Rate (Trends, February 2016)
- Wyoming New Business Formation in 2012 and 2013 (Trends, February 2015)
- The Recent Labor Market Downturn as a Natural Experiment
- Small Businesses Play a Big Role in Wyoming's Economy
(Trends, February 2013)
- New Business Formation Increases in Wyoming
in 2010 and 2011 (Trends, November 2012)
- An Overview of Wyoming's Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund and Trust Fund Liability (Trends, November 2011)
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Benefit Payments Reach Record High in 2009 (Trends, February 2010)