Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Claims Statistics
Monthly Tables and Figures
- Initial Claims
- Continued Claims*
*Information displayed in Initial
and Continued Claims are adjusted for monthly comparisons by normalizing the number of weeks in each month to a standard 4.33 weeks.
**NAICS = North American Industry Classification code.
***SIC = Standard Industrial Classification code.
Annual Tables and Figures
- Benefit Recipients and Exhaustees
- Tax Revenue
- Benefits Paid
- Trust Fund Balance
- Benefits Paid by County
- Benefits Paid by County and UI Program
Monthly UI Claims Reports
In February 2019, there were 1,547 initial Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims. This was a decrease of 15.8% (290 claims) compared to February 2018.
The total number of unique claimants with continued claims decreased from 5,691 to 4,627 (-1,064, or -18.7%), while the total number of continued weeks claimed decreased from 20,121 to 15,795 (-4,326, or -21.5%). Total continued weeks claimed have declined from prior-year levels during each month since November 2016.
Published March 19, 2019.
Wyoming Labor Force Trends Articles
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Decrease in 2017 (Published June 2018)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop in Second Half of 2016 (Published May 2017)
- Initial Unemployment Insurance Claims Increase 22.9% in 2015 (Published March 2016)
- How Out-of-State Claimants Affect Wyoming’s Unemployment Rate (Published February 2016)
- Wyoming New Business Formation in 2012 and 2013 (Published February 2015)
- The Recent Labor Market Downturn as a Natural Experiment
- Part 1: Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claimant Labor Market Behavior: Length of Benefit Collection and the Likelihood of Exiting the Labor Market (Published November 2014)
- Part 2: The Effects of Labor Market Conditions and Employer Re-Hiring Practices on Repeat Use of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) System (Published December 2014)
- Part 3: Previous Unemployment Insurance (UI) Spells as a Predictor of the Length of Future UI Benefit Collection (Published January 2015)
- Small Businesses Play a Big Role in Wyoming's Economy (Published February 2013)
- New Business Formation Increases in Wyoming in 2010 and 2011 (Published November 2012)
- An Overview of Wyoming's Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund and Trust Fund Liability (Published November 2011)
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Benefit Payments Reach Record High in 2009 (Published February 2010)