Now on the Department of Workforce Services' Wyoming at Work website
Looking for answers? The new Labor Market Information component on the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services' Wyoming at Work website utilizes the Virtual Labor Market Analyzer tool to draw input from real-time data, including advertised jobs data and traditional surveyed Labor Market Information (LMI) data from the Workforce Information Database (WID), for analysis over time and geographies.
Data offered on the site include:
- Labor force
- Industry employment
- Training schools and training programs
- Employer Database
- Unemployment Claims
- Area Profile
- Information on a selected area.
- Occupation Profile
- Information on occupations in a selected area, including wages.
- Industry Profile
- Information on industries in a selected area.
- Select this option to compare areas, occupations and industries.
- Education and Training Data
- Select this option to locate information on specific training providers and schools, including the programs they offer and their web sites.
- Select this option to find detailed information on employers that may be of interest to you. These employers may or may not have any current job openings.
- Area Specific Data
- Select this option to view detailed information on a specific area.
- Industry Specific Data
- Select this option to view detailed information on a specific industry.
- Occupation Specific Data
- Select this option to view detailed information on a specific occupation.
Find Answers to Your Questions
Employment and unemployment in an area
- What occupations have the highest employment in an area?
- What occupations have the lowest employment in an area?
- What is the unemployment rate in an area?
Employers in an area
- What are the largest employers in an area?
- What specific employers are in an area?
Industries in an area
- What industries are predicted to have the most future job openings in an area?
- What industries are predicted to have the least future job openings in an area?
- What will be the fastest growing industries (by percentage change of jobs) in an area?
- What will be the slowest growing industries (by percentage change of jobs) in an area?
Profiles for a specific area, industry, or occupation
- I would like to see a profile of a specific area.
- Area Summary
- Area Narrative
- Area Details
- Area Comparison
- I would like to see a profile of a specific industry.
- I would like to see a profile of a specific occupation.
Looking for training? Information on education providers in your local area
- What training institutions are in an area?
Compare occupations, industries, or areas
The table below displays a short description of the job duties for Registered Nurses compared with Nurse Practitioners in Natrona County, Wyoming.
|Registered Nurses||Nurse Practitioners|
|Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.||Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x rays. May prescribe medication. Must be registered nurses who have specialized graduate education.|
An example of detail from an industry comparison.
An example of detail from an area comparison.