Wyoming Benefits Survey 2012



Survey Results 2011

Figure 6

Total compensation refers to the amount of money an employer spends on wages combined with the amount spent on benefits. Contributions to insurance plans and retirement plans represent the majority of compensation other than wages. In Wyoming during 2011, 6.0% of total compensation consisted of contributions to defined-benefit and defined-contribution retirement plans and 10.6% went to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans (see Figure 6). Wages and salaries constitute the remaining 83.3%.

Figure 7

The U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) defines full-time employees as anyone working 35 hours or more in a week; anyone working fewer than 35 hours is defined as part-time. However, for purposes of this survey, full- and part-time statuses are not defined by the BLS standard; rather the questionnaire asks employers for their definition of part-time. In 2011, just over three-fourths of Wyoming jobs (75.1%; see Figure 7) were full-time while the rest (24.9%) were part-time.

Previous: Employment by Size Class and Industry | Next: Estimates of Employment and Jobs Offered Benefits