Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Claims Statistics
Weekly Claims Reports | Current Monthly Claims Report | Monthly Tables and Figures | Annual Tables and Figures | Previous Monthly Claims Reports | Articles
Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims for Wyoming by County of Residence, Industry, and Selected Demographics, 2019-2020
Updated October 19, 2020, for the week ending October 10, 2020.
Weekly UI Claims Data Table of Contents
September 2020 Unemployment Insurance Claims Report:
Initial Claims Drop for Fifth Consecutive Month
Initial and continued Unemployment Insurance claims in Wyoming continued to decrease from prior-month levels in September 2020. However, initial and continued claims remained substantially higher compared to pre-pandemic levels.
Wyoming had 3,825 initial claims in September, the lowest one-month total since February 2020, prior to the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The total number of continued weeks claimed decreased by 22.2%, and the number of total unique claimants fell by 17.3%.
September 2020 UI Claims Report
Published October 20, 2020.
- Initial Claims
- Continued Claims*
*Information displayed in Initial
and Continued Claims are adjusted for monthly comparisons by normalizing the number of weeks in each month to a standard 4.33 weeks.
**NAICS = North American Industry Classification code.
***SIC = Standard Industrial Classification code.
Updated February 2020.
August 2020 | July 2020 |
June 2020 | May 2020 | April 2020 |
March 2020 | February 2020 | January 2020
December 2019 | November 2019 | October 2019 |
September 2019 | August 2019 | July 2019 |
June 2019 | May 2019 | April 2018 |
March 2019 | February 2019 | January 2019
December 2018 | November 2018 | October 2018 |
September 2018 | August 2018 |
July 2018 |
June 2018 |
May 2018 | April 2018 |
March 2018 | February 2018 | January 2018
December 2017 | November 2017 | October 2017 |
September 2017 |
August 2017 | July 2017 |
June 2017 | May 2017 | April 2017 |
March 2017 | February 2017 | January 2017
December 2016 | November 2016 | October 2016 |
September 2016 | August 2016 | July 2016 |
June 2016 | May 2016 | April 2016 |
March 2016 | February 2016 | January 2016
December 2015 | November 2015
- Weekly Trends in Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Claims (Trends, June 2020)
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Benefit Eligibility Status and Fund
Solvency Analyses (Trends, May 2020)
- Chapter 6: Unemployment Insurance Claims Data - UI Benefit Exhaustion Rate Drops to Historic Low in 2019 (2020 Wyoming Workforce Annual Report)
- UI Benefit Exhaustion Rate Drops to Historic Low in 2019 (Trends, March 2020)
- Wyoming New Business Formation Increases by 7.6% (Trends, September 2019)
- UI Recipients, Benefit Expenses Reach a Decade Low (Trends, March 2019)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Decrease in 2017 (Trends, June 2018)
- Wyoming New Business Formation Declines During Recent Economic Downturn (Trends, March 2018)
- Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop in Second Half of 2016 (Trends, May 2017)
- Initial Unemployment Insurance Claims Increase 22.9% in 2015 (Trends, March 2016)
- How Out-of-State Claimants Affect Wyoming’s Unemployment Rate (Trends, February 2016)
- Wyoming New Business Formation in 2012 and 2013 (Trends, February 2015)
- The Recent Labor Market Downturn as a Natural Experiment
- Small Businesses Play a Big Role in Wyoming's Economy
(Trends, February 2013)
- New Business Formation Increases in Wyoming
in 2010 and 2011 (Trends, November 2012)
- An Overview of Wyoming's Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund and Trust Fund Liability (Trends, November 2011)
- Wyoming Unemployment Insurance Benefit Payments Reach Record High in 2009 (Trends, February 2010)