Research & Planning’s New Hires Survey collects information about wages and benefits, job duties, license and education requirements, and job skills for jobs filled in Wyoming. The survey was designed to capture detailed information on occupations, benefits, wages, full- or part-time employment status, education and licensing requirements, and necessary skills for Wyoming jobs. These results are intended for use by a wide variety of audiences, including training providers and educators, job seekers, and employers.
The occupation with the largest number of new hires from fourth quarter 2010 to third quarter 2012 was cashiers (9,937), followed by truck drivers, heavy & tractor trailer (8,810), and retail salespersons (7,232). Of these top 20 occupations, females made up the greatest proportion of all new hires employed as office clerks, general (65.6%), waiters & waitresses (63.4%), bartenders (62.9%), and cashiers (60.6%). while truck drivers, heavy & tractor trailer (79.3%), roustabouts, oil and gas (79.3%), and construction laborers (78.3%) had the largest proportions of male workers.
NOTE: Due to the federal government shutdown that lasted from October 1-16, a monthly news release was not issued in October 2013. The news release that contained information for September and October 2013 will be published in the December 2013 issue of Wyoming Labor Force Trends.
- PDF Version
- What Do Wyoming Employers Want? Evidence from the New Hires Survey
- Current Employment Statistics (CES) Estimates and Research & Planning’s Short-Term Projections, September 2013
- Wyoming Nonagricultural Wage and Salary Employment
- Economic Indicators
- Wyoming Total Nonfarm Employment
- Selected U.S. Employment Data
- Multiple Jobholders
- Discouraged Workers
- Part-Time for Economic Reasons
- Consumer Price Index
- Wyoming Building Permits
- Baker Hughes Rig Count
- Wyoming County Unemployment Rates
- Wyoming Normalized Unemployment Insurance Statistics: Initial Claims
- Wyoming Normalized Unemployment Insurance Statistics: Continued Claims
- Map of Wyoming Regions, Counties, and County Seats with County Unemployment Rates